LIMITED 40 YEAR WARRANTY ON A Kzo- 1050 SILICONIZED POLYESTER FINISH A PP LIES TO GPB ROOFING AND SIDING PANELS
This color-coded finish on Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns Building Panels is produced and applied according to standard application practices. Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns warrants that the integrity of the color-coded finish applied to its roofing and siding panels will not, within a period of 40 years after the installation or 40 years and one month after the date of shipment of panels from Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns (whichever comes first) under normal atmospheric conditions (which excluding corrosive aggressive chemicals, chemical fumes, or direct contact with certain treated lumber.)
I. Peel, crack, check, flake, or blister to an extent that it is apparent on ordinary outdoor visual observation.
2. Vertical installations of Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns will not change color more than five (5) and non-vertical installations will not change more than seven (7) N BS (Hunter) units. Color measurements are to be made per ASTM D-2244 and only on clean surfaces after removing surface deposits and chalk per ASTM D-3964 (1985); for a period of 30 years; and
3. For (30) years, Sidewall Panels of Product will not chalk more than a number eight rating and non-vertical installations will not chalk more than a number six ratio when measured for ASTM D-4214 Method A.
This is an anti-weathering limited warranty and does not apply to other causes of degradation, including: Product which has suffered scratching or abrasion or has been damaged by abrasive or chemical cleaners: has been abused, altered, modified, users in a manner not originally intended, or stored contrary to recommendations of Akzo Nobel, Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns or the coil coater, or contrary to good industry practice: has been damaged due to moisture entrapment in coils and/or bundles during transit or storage: has been stored or installed in a way which allows water on the coating or in any chemically aggressive environment (containing such substances as fumes, ash, salts, dirt, grease or high humidity); has been stored or installed in such a way that allows contact with animals and/or animal waste or its decomposition products: has suffered froth improper forming, fabrication or embossing; corrosion of the substrate andfor corrosion at cut edges; or develops any other condition between the coating and the substrate or delaminate: Product which is installed within 1000 meters (3250 feet), unless approved in writing by Akzo Nobel prior to installation, based on Akzo Nobels review of the information provided on the Site Conditions Form (appendix A): Product topcoats which are not applied onto metal which has been primed with an approved Akzo Nobel primer on both sides of the metal sheet, and which has been coated with an approved Akzo Nobel backer coating on the reverse side, all per specifications on the Akzo Nobel Product Data Sheet.
This warrant). is expressly subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. I The remedy for any claims arising from a defective color-coated Finish on Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns Panels shall be limited to refinishing or replacing the defective panels, or where applicable, a refund of purchased price. Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES WHETHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OF DEFECTIVE OR NONCONFORMING Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns PANELS OR FOR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barn's TOTAL. LIABILITY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE PURCHASED PRICE OF THE Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns PANELS. some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damage, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to a particular consumer.
2. The express warranty state herein is the exclusive express warranty applicable to the color-coated finish on GPI3 Panels. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES. INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE TIME PERIOD OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation on the duration of implied warranties may not apply to a particular customer
3. This warranty provides specific legal rights, and other rights which may vary from state to state may apply
4. Claims under this warranty must he made in writing to Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns at the address set forth below within 30 days after the discovery of the defect Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns shall have an additional 30 days to inspect the Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns Panels before any further action snail be taken.
5. Defects or damages to the Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns color-coated finish caused by handling, shipping, transit, processing, storage or installation are not covered by this warranty, This warranty further shall not extend to or cover damage to the warranted color-coating occasioned by moisture or other contamination detrimental to the color-coated metal prior to installation.
6. Minor hairline cracking of the color-coaled finish is not covered by this warranty.
7. The Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns color-coated finish is not warranted to weather uniformly under non-uniform conditions of exposure or use.
8. All claims under this warranty must he accompanied by the original invoice,
9. The remedy for any claims arising from a defective color-coated finish on Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns panels shall he limited to refinishing or replacing the defective panels, or where applicable, a refund of purchased price. The amount of refund shall he reduced by 3.3% for each year time Community Metal & Quality Built Mini Barns panels were in use. This beginning after the ninth year.
10. THIS WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER ONLY AND IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.